47 E Chicago Ave, Naperville, IL 60540
Fat Rosie's is a great new Mexican restaurant in Downtown Naperville. It's a few doors down from Barnes and Noble and an easy restaurant to get to from the parking garage--especially on a cold winter night!
The salsa and chips are fresh, the taco's are great and the margarita's are tasty and large!
What we ordered:
- Drinks: The blackberry margarita and regular margarita on the rocks came to the table in nice big glasses, rimmed in salt. They were delicious and hit the spot! The blackberry margarita had crushed blackberries that added an interesting taste.
- Chips and Salsa: The Chips are fresh with a hint of lime. (I don't typically like lime flavored chips, but this was very faint and they were super fresh.) The salsa was fresh. I liked that it had cilantro. It would be considered mild, which is great for me, but my wife prefers a bit more spice.
- Main Course: We ordered four $5 tacos. 1) Shrimp, 2) Carne Asada, 3) Chicken and 4) Fish. The Shrimp was awesome! The best of the four. The second best was the fish. The Chicken was good, but the Carne Asada was just "OK."
- The price can vary based on how much you eat. Individual tacos are $5-$6 each for example.
- Overall we loved it. It's a great new restaurant in Downtown Naperville that everyone should try.
- The service was great. Our waiter let us know which tacos he liked and he along with several others made sure we had everything we needed. This restaurant has a nice fast paced vibe. The staff greeted us in Spanish and gave us a warm Adios as we were leaving.